|Though edible, strictly for decoration!|
What You Need:
- White Styrofoam Wreath, about 12" to 14" in size (you can get this at any craft store or at Walmart)
- Lots and lots of peppermint candies (red/white, or green/white, or both). About 300 counts if you plan to glue candies all around foam. These are cheaper at dollar stores.
- Glue - with glue gun, or you can use crazy glue
- 24 - 30 inch wired-ribbon to hang wreath, preferably red of green.
- And, lots of patience.
- First, you want to unwrap the candies, a bunch at a time in case you don't use it all up and need to return to store.
- Make sure your glue is ready. If you're using a glue gun, have it plugged, hot and ready to go at this point.
- Using a linked-bracelet motion, begin gluing each unwrapped candy to the foam, making sure candies are as close as can be. Follow same pattern until all the foam is completely covered with candy.
- Take the ribbon and wrap over and through the wreath. Tie once around the candy wreath and then to your door.
Some people may like to have this over their fireplace mantel. That's okay as long as its just a decorative fireplace. Do not hang candy wreaths over a working (functioning) fireplace as candies may melt and make a mess due to heat.
And please, keep away from children, due to the fact that glue has been applied and could be toxic. This can also pose a choking hazard to little ones.
Have a Merry Christmas!
Decorating With Scriptural Christmas Ornaments